This week on Middle Theory, we look at the troubling developments in Syria, and what this will mean if the U.S. becomes involved.
We kick things off with a discussion of how the Russian embassy decided to prank everyone this April Fool’s Day, as well as Noam Chomsky’s reflections on the current attitudes among U.S. politicians towards Russia.
However, our big story this week involves an apparent chemical attack occurring in Syria earlier this week, history repeats itself as questions over how the U.S. will respond to disturbing images of children and others injured during the attacks.
As of the time of this recording, news had not yet broken that the United States would carry out a missile strike against a Syrian military airfield, in the first direct assault on Bashar al-Assad’s government.
Now, we wait and see where the chips may fall.
Special thanks to those who donated this week, whose contributions help support the audio production, research, artwork, and other effort that goes into each episode of the podcast:
- Jon Haskins
- Raymond Gallacher
- Guy Letourneau
- Betty June
- April Bierig
- Cody Griner
- Arif Akhar, Count of Cryptocurrency
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to show notes pertaining to this week’s podcast:
- North SENTINEL Island, Where Inhabitants Fire Arrows at Helicopters and Approaching Boats
- Pepsi pulls controversial Kendle Jenner ad
- Elizabeth Warren talks about the necessity of Equal Pay, but women in her staff make 29% less than men
- 17 of the Top 20 government construction contractors have no interest in building The Wall
- It’s been six weeks since Newtown schoolboard has asked Trump to denounce Sandy Hook truthers, still no response
- At least 10 dead after train car explosion in St. Petersburg, Russia
- The Chechen Government Is Reportedly Kidnapping And Murdering Gay Men
- Death toll rises to 254 as aid begins to arrive in disaster-struck Colombia
- Trump Removes Stephen Bannon From National Security Council Post
- Judiciary Committee poised to vote on Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch
- Senate fails to end Democratic blockade of Trump high court pick
- Rand Paul Plays Golf With Trump, Meets with Matt Drudge
- ‘Press 3’ for Election Interference, Russian Ministry Voicemail Jokes
- Dozens dead in Syria after chemical weapon attack on rebel held city
- BBC Report: Syria Chemical Attack: Trump condemns “affront against humanity”
Wikileaks notes (via NewsSniffer.co.uk) that BBC removed info pertaining to vidication of Russian narrative in Syrian chemical attack
- Kissinger and the CIA discussed ways to limit Congressional access to information regarding the Agency’s activities