This week on Middle Theory, the continuing saga of the U.S. Russian probe, and Donald Trump’s failed attempt to replace Obamacare, take the center stage.
Many would say it has been a bad week for Donald Trump.
Others would say it’s been a bad first 100 days for Donald Trump… in other words, his may be the roughest introductory period for any president in U.S. History so far (and hey, Kennedy had the Bay of Pigs). Along with the ongoing efforts to investigate Russian influence in the 2016 U.S. election, Trump and his team suffered a stifling defeat with failure to gain GOP approval for passage of a replacement for Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act. Is this a huge setback for The Donald… or is it his saving grace in disguise?
Special thanks to those who donated this week, whose contributions help support the audio production, research, artwork, and other effort that goes into each episode of the podcast:
- Anna LaBella
- Robert Price
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, here are links to show notes pertaining to this week’s podcast:
- Northern Ireland free to leave UK and join EU
- If Scotland does so first, or follows
- U.S. Attorney’s office under investigation after 700 lawyers were spied on in privately run prison
- Thom Tillis says on C-SPAN that the U.S. has interfered in 81 elections since WWII, compared to Russia’s 36
- Michelle O’Neill, leader of Sinn Fein, says some words about moving forward to unity referendum
- North Korea suspected of being behind $81M hacking robbery
- Facial recognition database used by FBI is out of control, House committee hears
- Noam Chomsky: Trump could stage a ‘false flag’ terror attack and ‘change the country instantly’
- Five months, eight prominent Russians dead
- Potential ‘smoking gun’ showing Obama administration spied on Trump team, source says
- Trump administration sought to block Sally Yates from testifying to Congress on Russia
- Comey shoots down Trump’s wiretap claims
- House Russia Probe Implodes as Top Dem Calls for Intel Chairman Nunes’s Recusal
- Bill O’Reilly Interviews House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes
- FINAL ACT: Trey Gowdy Goes After Comey
- Can Trump rebound after failure on healthcare bill?
- US Treasurys mixed after Trump health-care reform setback
- Bipartisan health care plan could be road to redemption for Trump
- The Atlantic: What If the Health-Care Collapse Saves Trump’s Presidency?
- NYT: Republicans for Single-Payer Health Care?
- Biohacking: Elon Musk backs company to merge human consciousness with AI
- Trump administration opening door to geo-engineering