This week we look at the history and evolution of political correctness, as well as the allegation that there are trillions of dollars that are missing or otherwise being “hidden” by the U.S. Government.
Leading off this week, we remember the “glory days,” back when friends and neighbors could sit together and enjoy a cup of Cowboy Juice while not necessarily agreeing on everything all the time. These days, that kind of honest and simple disagreement will get you banned on social media, or maybe even from family gatherings… the question is, how did it get that way? One way might have to do with political correctness, and Micah takes us down the rabbit hole in search of answers.
The real rabbit hole doesn’t reveal itself until later, however, as we begin to look at the questions related to government secrecy that include a proposed change to the Freedom of Information Act process, as well as how millions are wasted each year so that federal agencies can maintain their budget expectations. But if you think millions is bad, then consider the proposition of a pair of economists, who argue there could be trillions missing from the U.S. defense budget… is this really the case, and if so, where has the money gone?
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Steven Marlow
- Jon Haskins
- Jessica Riley
- Sascha Neubauer
- Chris Fossan
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get news alerts, articles, and podcasts from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, here are links to stories addressed on this week’s program:
- TOO POLITICALLY CORRECT FOR POLITICS: 2020’s politically correct presidential election
- Britannica Online definition for Politically Correct
- ‘Politically Correct’: The Phrase Has Gone From Wisdom To Weapon
- The Rhetoric of “Political Correctness” in the U.S. Media (March 1995)
- Dilemmas of Political Correctness (Journal of Practical Ethics)
- Why Do Millennials Love Political Correctness? Generational Values
- Political Correctness and the Suicide of the Intellect
- MID: SECRECY, MISSING MONEY AND HIDDEN TRILLIONS
- MISSING 4-1-FOIA: Congressmen Oppose Interior’s Planned Public Records Changes
- YOUR MONEY WELL SPENT: Feds splurge on lobster, pianos, golf carts in race to spend ‘use it or lose it’ budget
- HIDDEN BY THE TRILLIONS: Is Our Government Intentionally Hiding $21 Trillion In Spending?
- Summary Report on “Unsupported Journal Voucher Adjustments” in the Financial Statements of the Office of the Inspector General for the Department of Defense and the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- FLASHBACK: Donald Rumsfeld Questioned About Accounting
- AUDIO: C-SPAN Audio from January 2018 with Comptroller David Norquist
- DoD Owes Taxpayers Full Accounting of Assets, Comptroller Tells House
- HACKING BETO: Reuters discusses how they learned O’Rourke used to be a hacker