Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
On this edition we look at the latest developments with the COVID-19 coronavirus, as the World Health Organization announces the virus has reached pandemic scale.
As Election 2020 continues, Joe Biden continues to clinch victories in primary states as Bernie Sanders struggles to keep up… but one politician has been curiously absent in this process: Barack Obama. We look at why the former president is keeping quiet on Joe Biden and the 2020 race, before turning our attention to the latest with the coronavirus scare.
Is there really anything here to be “scared” of, and is the COVID-19 coronavirus as dangerous as some reports indicate? Why are some politicians, including President Trump, playing down concerns, while health officials appear to be bracing for a pandemic? We look at the reasons for the political divide, as well as key facts and figures about the virus, why it is different from the common cold, and how to prepare for further outbreaks.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Bethany Trottier
- John Lipartito
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- SHORT & SIMPLE: Biden’s shorter speeches give fewer chances for gaffes
- OBAMA UPDATE: Democratic Donors Have Their Candidate
- Obama congratulates Biden, who says he told Obama ‘not to endorse him’
- Obama Was Reportedly Concerned Bid en’s Presidential Bid Would ‘Damage His Legacy’
- COVID-19 BREAKDOWN: APHL Responds to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) events as they happen
- Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the virus that causes it
- You have coronavirus questions. We asked a doctor for answers
- CONSPIRACIES: Mistrust, Rumor and Conspiracy Theories Hinder U.S. Virus Fight
- CORONA FAMILIAR: How Many Americans Really Have the Coronavirus?
- Trump’s grandfather was killed by the flu, but president didn’t know people died’ from it
- To predict an epidemic, evolution can’t be ignored
- CORONA LIGHT: NYT: Most Coronavirus Cases are Mild
- CORONA MUTATO: Japanese woman reinfected with coronavirus just later
- Coronavirus has HIV-like mutation
- PANDEMICMONIUM: WHO official slams Trump’s ‘ignorant and incoherent’ response
- Quarantine on cruise ship resulted in more COVID-19 patients, study finds
- Virus threatening to end air-travel boom
- PREPARE: The shopping list for your own home quarantine kit
- PRECAUTIONS: It’s Time for Precautionary Measures to Go Viral, Too
- GETTING THE FACTS: 12 Coronavirus myths busted by science
- Coronavirus Advice for the Public from World Health Org
- Spread of coronavirus underestimated, review finds
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
Image by Gage Skidmore via Wikimedia Commons.