Following an explosive Super Tuesday turnout, Joe Biden reemerges as the front runner in the 2020 Democratic Primary race.
Things weren’t looking great for Joe Biden leading up to the South Carolina Democratic Primary, despite the former Vice President expressing confidence during a televised debate in Charleston, South Carolina, that he would indeed win the state.
Not only did he win, but Biden’s success in the South was only the beginning of a surprising resurgence in his campaign, with momentum carrying him all the way through to a landslide victory on Super Tuesday. Having re-emerged as the front runner, will Biden continue on to claim the nomination? Meanwhile, Elizabeth Warren and Michael Bloomberg have stepped aside, leaving Biden and Sanders to battle for delegates as they head on to states like Michigan.
However, should we be a little concerned about Biden’s success, especially with some of the baggage he carries from over the years (not to mention the lingering specter of his Ukraine issues still hanging in the air)? Some of Biden’s gaffes that the media has latched onto have a few pundits wondering about his mental health, and whether this could mean trouble for the former Vice President.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Betty June
- Tim Whittaker
- Daniel Baumberger
- Sean O’Neil
- Jill Ellis
- Robert Westfall
- Brian Davis
- Robert Walshe
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- HARBO RETIRES: Chris Matthews announces retirement, mutually parts ways with MSNBC
- (S)ELECTION 2020: SOUP OR TUESDAY
- CNBC’S Primary Delegate Counter
- SAY IT, SETH: Seth Meyers speaks up, nails the media’s bias against Bernie
- BIDEN HIS TIME: Joe Biden reemerges as front runner in 2020 race
- GLOOM FOR BLOOM: Bloomberg withdraws from 2020 race, endorses Biden
- WARREN IS OUT: Elizabeth Warren Suspends Her Campaign
- A VIEW FROM THE RIGHT: Geraghty: “What Happened Last Night?”
- TUCK CUTS: Tucker: Democrats pin their hopes on gaffe-prone Joe Biden
- National Review: Pretending Joe Biden Is Fine
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
Image by Gage Skidmore via Wikimedia Commons.