With Russian forces meeting stronger resistance from Ukraine than expected, we look at recent anti-war protests in Russia, and possible motives driving Putin’s decision to invade the country.
This week, the United States and other countries make the difficult move toward banning oil imported from Russia, a decision which leaves open both the necessity for reliance on the Middle East, but also the prospect of returning to oil production at home. Elsewhere, with the war in Ukraine leaving the Russian military several thousand fewer in numbers, some officials are now weighing the possibility that Russia’s invasion may not have its intended result… but more importantly, what are the possible factors driving Putin’s choice in proceeding with the now very costly move? We explore all these questions, and much more, this week on Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Julia Gali
- Betty June
- Daniel Baumberger
- Rick Dale
- Robert Westfall
- Jill Ellis
- Robert Walshe
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- OIL: Oil Traders Bet Prices Will Pass $200 a Barrel This Month
- US crude oil briefly tops $130 a barrel, 13-year high on possible Western ban of Russian oil
- MUSK: Elon Musk calls for more oil and gas production ‘immediately’ amid Russian invasion
- NUKES: Blinken says Ukraine sanctions on Russia not linked with Iran nuclear talks
- CONCERNS: ‘Grave concern’ as Ukraine Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant under Russian orders
- Russian forces switch off mobile networks and internet at Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant, IAEA says
- LOSERS: Russian forces are ‘decimated’ says top UK general
- LOSSES: Russia has lost 1,000 troops-a-day to ferocious Ukrainians in big blow to Putin
- PROTESTS: More than 4,500 antiwar protesters arrested in one day in Russia, group says
- PROBLEMS: For Average Russians, Western Sanctions Over Ukraine War Begin to Bite
- CANCER CLAIM: Vladimir Putin ‘dying in agony from terminal cancer’, say sources
- CHINA: China Warns US Against Forming Pacific NATO and Backing Taiwan
- China upholds its relationship with Russia, says negotiations needed to solve Ukraine conflict
- WEST IS BEST: Who’s the Imperialist Now?
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.