As Russia’s invasion of Ukraine ensues, we examine the complicated dynamics between nations, and the new face of warfare in the technological age of the 21st century.
Last week, Vladimir Putin ordered his military forces to enter Ukraine in what the Russian leader had likely believed would be a swift capture of Ukraine. Now, as a full week into the conflict steadily approaches, the world has watched as Ukraine defends itself against a surprisingly slow movement of Russian forces, with an irritated Putin ordering nuclear forces to be at ready. The battle that ensues is unlike anything the world has ever seen, and many commentators are observing that 21st century conflict in our modern, “wired” world will help to ensure that it is never quite the same ever again… even in the midst of what has been characterized as a conflict more akin to the conquests of centuries past. This week, in addition to geopolitical perspectives and analysis of the response of other world leaders to the conflict, we also examine the deeper cultural and historical roots behind the current Russian invasion of Ukraine on this special edition of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Emily Taylor
- Sean O’Neal
- Connie Fletcher
- Kevin Webb
- Brain Davis
- Mark Hankins II
- Stacia Schwartz
- Sascha Neubauer
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- THE LATEST: Kyiv comes under huge aerial and artillery bombardment leaving a pulsing glow over the sky
- LIVE UPDATES: Ukraine Agrees to Talks with Russia, as Putin Places Nuclear Forces on Alert
- THE RUSSIAN POSITION: Наступление России и нового мира
- CHINA: China Blames the U.S. For the War in Ukraine
- Biden sends former top defense officials to Taiwan in show of support
- GAS ATTACK: Russia ‘handing out gas masks’ ahead of potential chemical attack
- ASSASINATORS: Putin sends militia into Kyiv to assassinate Zelensky
- NUKE ALERT: Putin puts nuclear forces on high alert, escalating tensions
- STARLINK: Musk says Starlink active in Ukraine as Russian invasion disrupts internet
- Musk says SPACEX will rescue ISS if Russia tries to drop it from orbit…
- WORLD WAR WIRED: We Have Never Been Here Before (Thomas Friedman)
- NEW COLD WAR: It’s Official: The Post-Cold War Era Is Over
- THE RETURN OF HOLY RUSSIA: Putin’s spiritual destiny
- NATO: Finland, Sweden brush off Moscow’s warning on joining NATO
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.