In the first military action of his Presidency, Joe Biden orders an airstrike on Syria which results in backlash from Congressional Democrats.
In the news this week, the passing of Vernon Jones marks another milestone, while Johnson & Johnson rolls out an all-new, one-shot COVID-19 vaccine. Political controversy is afoot as well, with several claims of sexual misconduct being alleged against New York Governor Andrew Cuomo.
However, marking a significant moment early in President Biden’s administration, a recent airstrike on Syria carried about by the new Commander in Chief has left many members of Congress questioning whether it was justified, and why congressional approval was not obtained beforehand. Although Biden followed the action with a letter to Congress, some top members of the Senate haven’t even been briefed on the matter yet, raising questions about the ongoing issue of military power in the United States. Meanwhile, former President Donald Trump spoke at CPAC over the weekend, confirming that he would not be forming a new party, and thus securing his position as the leader of the GOP. We weigh in on these, and other issues this week on Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Betty June
- Daniel Baumberger
- Elizabeth Hove
- Jill Ellis
- Connie Fletcher
- Brian Davis
- Robert Walshe
- Daniel Richard
- Brett Giles
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- VERNON: Vernon E. Jordan Jr., lawyer and D.C. political power broker, dies at 85
- FAKE NEWS: Daughter of Former NYPD Officer Says Malcolm X Assassination Letter is Fake
- ONE SHOT: J & J’s single-shot COVID-19 vaccine arrives at health-care providers this week
- MANDATE: Doña Ana County detention officer sues over COVID-19 vaccine mandate
- CUOMO: Andrew Cuomo has been accused of sexual harassment by two former aides.
- WARM AND SARKOZY: France’s Sarkozy convicted of corruption, sentenced to jail
- EARLY STRIKE: Biden orders airstrikes in Syria, retaliating against Iran-backed militias
- Militia official: US strike in Syria kills 1, wounds several
- Democrats question Biden’s legal justification for Syria strike
- Biden sends letter to congressional leadership explaining justification for Syria strike
- Biden administration still hasn’t briefed top senators on Syria strike
- TRUMP 2024: Republican leaders split while CPAC prepares to unite around Trump
- Trump reemerges to legacy being erased by Biden
- McConnell says he’ll ‘absolutely’ support Trump in 2024 if he’s the GOP nominee
- ANALYSIS: Trump Calls Third-Party Speculation ‘Fake News’ in CPAC Speech
- AUDIO: President Donald Trump speaks at CPAC – full speech
- NYT FACT CHECK: Trump Revives Familiar Falsehoods in CPAC Speech
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.