As a second attempt at the impeachment of Donald Trump leads off, we look at opening arguments and new information about January’s siege on the Capitol.
A recent perusal of the top ten most-searched words at the website of popular online dictionary Merriam Webster revealed a lot about what’s on people’s minds. At the top of the list at number one was “fascism,” followed by “racism,” “happy,” “pandemic,” “love,” “beautiful,” “coronavirus,” “culture,” i.e.,” and lastly, “socialism.” We can’t say we’re surprised by this list, but as we consider what it reveals about people and what’s on their minds, we look at other changes in American politics that indicate how people are feeling right now about the current political climate.
Then turning our attention to the renewed attempt at the impeachment of former President Donald Trump, as opening remarks were made recently on Capitol Hill, some were confused after Trump’s defense team spent most of the time of their opening remarks decrying the siege on the U.S. Capitol Building in January. This might have confused some, but we look at the reasons for their response, which likely had to do with a new 14-minute “master cut” of the violence as it ensued back in January following a rally where then-president Trump appeared to have encouraged the crowd in attendance to take action… which had disastrous consequences.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Catriona Macdonald
- Pamela Hajcek
- Victoria Pinderski
- Connie Fletcher
- Robert Westfall
- Jon Lipartito
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- YANG: Yang holds commanding lead in mayor’s race: new poll
- LIMBAUGH LEGACY: Rush Limbaugh is ailing. And so is the conservative talk-radio industry.
- THE HORROR: Trump’s lawyers say he was immediately ‘horrified’ by the Capitol attack. Here’s what his allies and aides said really happened that day.
- AUDIO: ‘Terrible’ Trump impeachment defense left Senate Republicans ‘stunned’ and ‘perplexed’
- FOURTEEN MINUTES: Watch 14-minute video Democrats say proves Trump should be convicted
- CRIMINAL: Georgia Prosecutors Open Criminal Investigation of Donald’s Call
- CROOK: Trump’s own impeachment lawyer ‘called him a f***ing crook’
- McCONSCIENCE: McConnell Signals Trump Conviction Is a GOP Conscience Vote
- NOTHING LEFT FOR THE RIGHT: ‘There’s Nothing Left’: Why Thousands of Republicans Are Leaving the Party
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.