This week we look at upsets within the GOP as Bush-era Republicans announce their departure from the party, which some call the “Cult of Trump.”
Americans continue to suffer sleepless nights as the coronavirus pandemic ensues, but some doctors are now saying many Americans are exhibiting concussion-like symptoms. Murder rates also saw historic highs in 2020, according to a new study, which affects everything from education and films, to Super Bowl Sunday. Meanwhile, all hell broke loose last week when the Robinhood trading app restricted transactions for certain securities after a group of Redditors decided to cause GameStop shares to surge.
We weigh in on the Robinhood controversy, and then looking at politics this week, there have been shake ups in the GOP in recent days after many Bush-era Republicans have announced they are leaving the GOP after likening it to a “Cult of Trump.” Will the Republican Party be able to realign its interests over the next four years, or did Trump’s presidency present greater challenges to the party’s standards and leadership than many may realize?
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Kevin Webb
- Daniel Baumberger
- Jen Massey
- Jill Ellis
- Elizabeth Hove
- Robert Walshe
- Brett Giles
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- ZOMBIES: Zombie Nation: Third Of Adults In Concussion-Like Daze
- BIG GAME: CBS Promises Most Innovative. Cinematic Super Bowl In Broadcast History
- MURDER: US murder rate increase in 2020 has ‘no modern precedent’
- ROBIN IN THE HOOD: Robinhood gets $1 billion infusion, signaling cash crunch
- Robinhood restricts crypto trading ‘due to extraordinary market conditions’
- VIDEO: Glenn Greenwald on Carlson breaking down the Robinhood scandal
- CASH GRAB: As Trump raked in cash denying his loss, little went to actual legal fight
- CULT OF THE DON: Dozens of former Bush officials leave party, calling it ‘cult’
- ‘We traffic in lies’: A House Republican launches campaign to ‘take back our party’
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.