Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week we examine the first few days of Joe Biden’s presidency, and the high volume of executive orders it has produced.
In a recent press statement, the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists has argued that we are closer to midnight on the doomsday clock than at any time since 1947. Meanwhile, as the United States continues to feel the ideological aftershocks of the tumult that ensued during the transition between administrations, the Department of Homeland Security has issued a new alert warning about future unrest and potential terrorism… but their concern seems to extend far beyond any single particular ideological group.
Then turning our attention to presidential administrations past and present, we look at Trump’s record of “draining the swamp” compared with his final days in office, the pardons he issued (and chose not to issue, as with the case of Julian Assange), and his choice in revoking his own executive order on ethics. This, contrasted with President Biden’s first days in office, and the unprecedented number of executive orders it has seen. While many view it as a proportional response to the last administration, do Biden’s executive orders also represent the potential for concern?
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Jonathan Kaufman
- Jennie Vongvith
- Connie Fletcher
- Brian Davis
- Mark Hankins
- Stacia Schwartz
- Ali Buchan
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- COUNTDOWN TO DOOMSDAY: Press Release—IT IS NOW 100 SECONDS TO MIDNIGHT
- REMEMBERANCE: International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- ALERT: US terrorism alert warns of politically motivated violence
- SECRET PARDONS: Secret Pardons for Self, Family?
- ASSANGE: Trump slammed for failing to pardon Assange, Snowden
- Trump Didn’t Pardon Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange And His Supporters Aren’t Happy
- SWAMP THE DRAIN: Trump’s pardon largesse a boon for well-connected fraudsters
- Trump Revokes Lobbying Ban After Promising to ‘Drain the Swamp’
- Extends clemency to sports gamblers and rappers
- LOBBYING: Trump Revokes Lobbying Ban He Signed At The Beginning Of His Presidency
- FACT CHECK: Former Trump Officials Are Supposed to Avoid Lobbying. Except 33 Haven’t.
- ETHICS: Executive Order 13989: Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Personnel
- EXECUTIVE ORDERS: 2021 Joe Biden Executive Orders view all Presidential Documents
- Biden addresses racial bias in housing, directs DOJ to phase out private prisons
- Remarks by President Biden on the American Rescue Plan and Signing of Executive Orders
- BACKGROUND: Here’s the full list of Biden’s executive actions so far (NBC)
- CHARTING: All of President Biden’s key executive orders — in one chart
- Executive Authority: The Good, The Bad, And The Downright Ugly
- Biden to sign major executive orders on climate change
- I’m a proud conservative. Here’s my view on the transgender military ban.
- BLOCKAGE: Federal Judge Blocks Biden’s 100-Day Deportation Moratorium
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.