In the “final daze” of Donald Trump’s administration, the atmosphere is tense as new calls for his removal from office ensue following the siege on the U.S. Capitol Building.
It’s been a tense last few days in Washington, and throughout the United States, following a demonstration by supporters of President Donald Trump which resulted in a temporary siege on the U.S. Capitol Building last week. In the aftermath of the incident, renewed calls for Trump’s removal from office have led to a second impeachment effort, as well as the possibility that the 25th amendment could be invoked.
We analyze what led to this point, the political attitudes that fostered it, and why the problems we are seeing in America right now will not simply go away with a transition of power into future administrations. With America closer than it has been in decades to civil war, we look at how America became so divided, and what the path to restoration of unity may be in the years to come.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Betty June
- Vicky Pinderski
- Connie Fletcher
- John Lipartito
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- AFTERMATH: Trump concedes… sort of.
- Mitt Romney responds to Capitol Lockdown
- WSJ Editorial Board asks Donald to resign
- Pence has not ruled out 25th Amendment, source says
- THE RIOTERS: The hunt to identify Hill rioters
- Capitol assault a more sinister attack than first appeared
- Backup was denied, former Capitol Police chief says
- FBI: No evidence ‘antifa’ involved
- Texas woman took private jet to DC to ‘storm the Capitol’
- Feds catch Arkansas man who stole mail from Pelosi office
- Man spotted carrying Speaker’s lectern nabbed in Florida
- Tech CEO Arrested: ‘Worst Personal Decision of My Life’
- 70-year-old had 11 Molotov cocktails akin to ‘homemade napalm’
- UNFOLLOWED: A farewell to @realDonaldTrump, gone after 57,000 tweets
- Trump went ballistic after being tossed off Twitter
- Apple suspends Parler social network from its App Store
- Conservative website Parler forced offline: web trackers
- The strange beginnings of right-wing social
- LAST WORD: Talk-radio owner orders conservative hosts to temper election fraud rhetoric
- IMPEACHMENT 2.0: Pelosi says House will impeach Trump, pushes VP to oust him
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.