As we kick off a new year, chaos ensues in Washington as protesters flood the Capitol Building, interrupting Congress’s Electoral College Certification.
It’s a new year, everyone… and yet it feels pretty familiar, as we begin our coverage of the news in 2021 with chaos unfolding in the Nation’s Capital. While Vice President Mike Pence performed the awkward role of presiding over the Senate’s certification of Electoral College votes that will ultimately put Joe Biden in the White House, supporters of Donald Trump marched through Washington and made their way to the Capitol Building, where things quickly escalated and protesters made their way into the building.
We look at the events leading up to this unprecedented breach of our Nation’s Capital, as well as what the responses by President-Elect Biden, as well as President Trump, have been. Will America be able to find its way back to a more stable way of life, and government? We ask these questions, and look at the events of the last few hours on this week’s edition of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Edith Wacker
- Daniel Baumberger
- Jon Haskins
- Robert Westfall
- Elizabeth Hove
- Jill Ellis
- Connie Fletcher
- Stacia Schwartz
- Mark Hankins II
- Ali Buchan
- Brett Giles
- Brian Davis
- Robert Walshe
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- LAST STAND: Pence told Trump he doesn’t have power to block certification of Biden win
- ‘Do it Mike’: Trump leans on Pence to reject Biden’s Electoral College certification
- ‘I hope Mike Pence comes through for us’: Trump puts vice president under pressure
- Trump allies hope Wednesday’s drama will be his last stand — but no one knows what’s next
- Trump and Senate GOP’s Electoral College vote objections betray conservative legal thought
- CHAOS: Guns out, windows smashed: Trump crowd turns Congress into battlefield
- MSNBC Airs Woman Covered in Blood Carried Out of Congress on a Stretcher
- Ted Cruz: “Those storming the Capitol need to stop NOW.”
- Explosive device found at RNC
- Multiple bombs found in DC
- D.C. Mayor Orders Curfew
- WSJ OP ED: Why America Needed Mike Pence
- Trump privately admits it’s over, but wants to brawl for attention
- As Trump backers descend on capital, military hopes to avoid political fray
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.