This week we recap the 2020 Vice Presidential Debate, along with commentary on the beginning of controversial Senate Confirmation Hearings for prospective Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett.
2020 continues to play for keeps, as we lose another icon with the passing of guitarist virtuoso Eddie Van Halen. While many mourn his loss, not everyone has been so sympathetic in light of the news. Then turning our attention from music to politics, we get our weekly Election Update, and a recap of the highlights and low points from the recent 2020 Vice Presidential Debate.
Then turning our attention to recent developments with the Supreme Court, the Senate began hearings today in an effort to move toward confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett to fill the seat left by the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Controversy quickly ensued, with many Senate Democrats decrying the hearings in midst of the recent White House coronavirus outbreak, with vocal opponents including potential future Democratic Vice President Kamala Harris. We way in on the controversial hearings, and how Barrett’s religious views have taken center stage in the debate over her nomination.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Betty June
- Edith Wacker
- David Beavers
- Vicky Pinderski
- Connie Fletcher
- John Lipartito
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- DREAMS: Meet The Idaho Potato Worker Who Sent Fleetwood Mac Sales Soaring
- VAN HALEN: Eddie Van Halen, renowned guitarist, passes away at 65
- David Crosby: “Meh”
- HAPPY IPD: Portland group topples Roosevelt and Lincoln statues in protest of Columbus day
- COLLAPSOLOGY: ‘Humans weren’t always here. We could disappear’: Meet the collapsologists
- ELECTION UPDATE: Biden Leads Trump By 8.5 Points: IBD/TIPP Tracking Poll
- DEBATE RECAP: More than 57 million people watched the vice presidential debate
- VP debate: Did gender play a role in the interruptions?
- GRIN & BARRET Barrett vows to interpret laws ‘as they are written’
- Ex-members of religious group mixed on nomination
- Leave Amy Coney Barrett’s religion out of it
- Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court hearing is a formality. But Democrats have one last card.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.