Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week, Facebook is in the hot seat following a bombshell 60 Minutes segment with whistleblower Frances Haugen, who alleges the tech giant employs polarization for profit.
This week, as renewed scrutiny is placed on many world leaders following a document dump exposing their ties to secret wealth, the Supreme Court is beginning what is likely to be one of its most contentious terms in recent memory, where abortion, guns, and the question of race in relation to school admissions are among the issues they are faced with addressing. However, the big story this week involves Frances Haugen, a former Facebook employee who has come forward saying the company consistently chooses profit over its responsibilities mitigating the spread of concerning content across its platform. Did the interview have anything to do with a six-hour blackout on Monday that affected several of the company’s online properties? We dig into all of this in this week’s edition of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Daniel Baumberger
- Robert Westfall
- Elizabeth Hove
- Jill Ellis
- Connie Fletcher
- Robert Walsh
- Daniel Richard
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- PANDORA’S BOX: Document dump allegedly links world leaders to secret wealth
- VILKS: Threatened Swedish artist reportedly dead in road accident
- COURTING CONTROVERSY: Abortion, guns top agenda for new Supreme Court term
- Leader of House Progressives Won’t Vote for Reconciliation Bill with Hyde Amendment
- The Hyde Amendment and abortion: Why it’s in the news and what you need to know
- FACEBOOK BLUES: Facebook whistleblower is renewing scrutiny of the social media giant
- Facebook Whistleblower Frances Haugen: The 60 Minutes Interview
- COUP DE GRACE: A US Constitutional Crisis? A 2024 Coup? Let’s All Take a Deep Breath
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.