Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week on Middle Theory, we look at the controversies surrounding Democratic Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton’s unwillingness to hold press conferences, and why this is an issue for this election.
As Micah and Chris take to the airwaves, news of “creepy clowns” seen in the Carolinas are causing concerns among law enforcement agencies… elsewhere, unrest has erupted in Hong Kong following local elections that have some asking, is China next up for a “Brexit”? Also, scandals emerge in the world of soccer, as long-held homophobic trends rear their ugly heads again. And what lays in the future for Uzbekistan, whose president (known for supposedly boiling captured political enemies to death) has died?
Getting to the heart of things happening in the news, we turn our attention to the controversies surrounding Democratic Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton, and why she seems so intent on evading the press. With one candidate that likes playing “hide and seek” with the media, and another who is more afraid of the debate moderators than his own political opponent, such oddities only present further evidence for this being the strangest election in recent memory.
Special thanks to those who donated this week, whose contributions help support our efforts:
- Jeff Kendall
- Devon Jinks
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show as well, you can donate to the program here.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, below are links to stories and other news related to this week’s podcast:
- Hillary Clinton is facing mounting pressure to hold a press conference
- Press Secretary: “Clinton will hold press conferences… as president of the U.S.”
- BREAKING: Hillary actually did, finally, address the press… on her private plane, today, for about two minutes
- Hermine kills two, ruins beach weekends in northward march
- Pope declares Mother Teresa a saint and model of mercy
- Hong Kong elections show support for young protestors and elect them into office
- With Uzbekistan’s Dictator-in-Chief finally dead, what’s next for one of the world’s worst human rights violators?
- Andre Gray’s vicious homophobic tweets resurface four years after the fact
- Richard Chaplow suspended two games for calling America’s only openly gay men’s pro soccer player a queer repeatedly during recent game
- Donald Trump wanted to ‘see who the moderators are.’ Now that he has, will he debate
- Sanders suggests lowering the bar for third-party candidates to take part in presidential debates
- Video: Trump gives speech in Arizona outlining immigration plan
- Transcript: Trump’s AZ immigration speech (NYT)
- Trump’s 5 Point Immigration Plan, Summarized
- Fact Check: Trump’s immigration speech (NPR)
- Trump changed speech based on Tweet by Mexican President
- Mexican President defends meeting with Trump
- AUDIO: Nieto actually called for the meeting himself!!! (Says so in audio clip)
- LOL: Peña Nieto mistakenly referred to the democratic presidential candidate as “Hillary Trump,” before correcting himself… TwitterStorm of #HillaryTrump hilarity ensues.
- What’s up with Dr. Drew’s show being cancelled after negative speculation about Hillary Clinton’s health?
- What the hell is up with all the reports of “clowns” chasing people and trying to lure children into the woods?
- Similar incidents have occurred in Greenville, South Carolina