As the United States makes its exit from the “Forever War” in Afghanistan, we look at the problems the country may face, and why history shows that choosing to leave is both the “least worst” and the only right choice.
Protest erupted over the weekend in Cuba on a scale that hasn’t been seen in the country in nearly three decades, as people lined the streets in many of the country’s major cities airing grievances about the economy and the pandemic. Meanwhile, the strange circumstances surrounding the assassination of the Haitian president continue to unfold as the story grows more complex by the day.
Then, shifting our attention over to the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, we examine the current situation, the Afghani government’s responses, and the encroachment of the Taliban throughout the country. Although there are many who see President Biden’s choice to withdraw at the current time problematic, history shows why past attempts at “Nation Building” in the country have been unsuccessful, and that there is no “right time” to exit. The only sensible option is to leave… although doing so will present its own problems. We look at all of this, and more on this week’s installment of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Charles Baldwin
- Connie Fletcher
- Vicky Pinderski
- Jonathan Taylor
- Jill Ellis
- Brain Davis
- John Lipartito
- Doug Davis
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- CUBA: Cubans Denounce ‘Misery’ in Biggest Protests in Decades
- ‘We are no longer afraid’: Thousands of Cubans protest against conditions on island
- FLASHBACK: Uprising on Havana’s Malecón 20 years ago set off exodus
- Demonstrations break out in Miami as protestors march against government in Cuba
- PLOT: Mystery Surrounds Suspected Mastermind in Haiti Presidential Assassination Plot
- Explained: The assassination of Jovenel Moise, Haiti’s President
- EXIT STRATEGY: Top US commander to exit Afghanistan amid Taliban surge
- REED: Senate Armed Services chair: ‘I think Kabul will hold’
- Jack Reed: Biden made ‘the best of many poor choices’ on Afghanistan
- ANALYSIS: History shows us that outsiders can never bring peace to Afghanistan
- With the Military Gone, CIA Faces Difficulties in Afghanistan
- COMMENTARY: Afghanistan: The forever war ends with too few lessons learned
- Biden Knows Afghanistan Withdrawal is the Right Thing
- A VIEW FROM AFGHANISTAN: US may return to Afghanistan to suppress Taliban
- Turkmenistan deploying troops, heavy weapon on border with Afghanistan
- INDIA PULLS OUT: India pulls out staff from Kandahar consulate as Taliban widen control
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.