Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week we examine Joe Biden’s second military action since taking office, its similarity to the actions of past administrations, and how this compares with shifting political alliances in our culture and popular dialogue.
This week, as we lead off, Baltimore’s controversial surveillance plane program has ended after a court ruled it to be unconstitutional… but what does this say about the precedence of drones and their use for surveillance purposes? We also examine the tragic collapse of a building in Florida that has left several residents missing and presumed dead, along with why the Supreme Court won’t hear a dispute over bathrooms for transgender students.
Then shifting our attention to military affairs, it was announced in recent days that President Biden had ordered U.S. warplanes to strike Iran-backed militia in Iraq and Syria. We examine the story, and a statement on the actions issued by the Department of Defense and White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki. In light of these events, whether or not one chooses to see them as warranted, they point to the fact that much remains the same in Washington, regardless of who may be in office. In light of this, we turn our focus to the slipperiness of political attitudes, and how many traditionally left-leaning commentators often find themselves to be uneasy bedfellows with their counterparts on the right, particularly in the face of what many call the “Regressive Left.”
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Jon Haskins
- Charles Baldwin
- Connie Fletcher
- Brian Davis
- Kevin Webb
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- IT’S A BIRD… IT’S A PLANE: ‘Birds Aren’t Real’ rolling rally makes first stop in Missouri
- Baltimore’s Controversial Surveillance Plane Program Ruled Unconstitutional
- MIAMI: Death toll rises to 10 at site of collapsed Florida building
- Another body found in condo collapse near Miami Beach, FL
- COURT RULES: Supreme Court won’t hear dispute over bathrooms for transgender students
- STRIKE TWO: U.S. warplanes strike Iran-backed militia in Iraq, Syria
- Statement by the Department of Defense
- GREENWALLED: The Interview: Glenn Greenwald on Trump, Biden and Fox News
- Is Glenn Greenwald the New Master of Right-Wing Media?
- GRIFTING: Godless grifters: How the New Atheists merged with the far right
- Here’s a Troubling Roundup of the Rightward Drift of Many “New Atheists”
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
- To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.