This week, as former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin is found guilty of all charges related to the death of George Floyd, we look at the impact this case has had on society, its cultural significance, and the variety of responses to the verdict appearing in the media.
The battle against the coronavirus continues into 2021 as a recent surge in daily infection rates has put India into the spotlight. This, along with controversial statements made by UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson which have landed him in hot water, and the Supreme Court’s announcement that it will look at a controversial case in New York related to the Second Amendment.
Then we look at the aftermath of the court’s verdict which found former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin guilty of all charges related to the death of George Floyd. While many do feel that justice has been served, we look at the impact this case has had on society, its cultural significance, and the variety of responses to the verdict appearing in the media.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Charles Baldwin
- Jennie Vongvith
- Jessica Riley
- Jennifer Garland
- Kevin Webb
- Mark Hankins II
- Stacia Schwartz
- Ali Buchan
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- INDIA: Indian Covid cases for a fifth straight day with more than 350,000 new infections
- BORIS: Boris Johnson said let ‘bodies pile high’ rather than lockdown: report
- US: New U.S. cases still at a ‘precarious’ level, Fauci says, amid slowing vaccination rates
- 2ND AMENDMENT: Supreme Court agrees to take up major Second Amendment case
- GUILTY: Chauvin trial verdict is guilty on all three counts. Here’s why the prosecution won.
- Chauvin’s guilty verdict is a major milestone in America’s reckoning with racial justice
- ‘The right thing’: Obama hails verdict in George Floyd’s death
- Tucker Carlson says protests intimidated Derek Chauvin jury into guilty verdict
- At George Floyd Square, verdict relieves tensions of a long year
- The Chauvin verdict links back to George Floyd protests. So lawmakers are cracking down.
- PROMISES: Status Of Biden’s Promises After 100 Days In Office
- TAX MAN: Biden’s 1970s-Era Taxes on Rich Collide With GOP and SALT Rebels
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.