This week, President Biden gives his first press conference as reporters asked the commander-in-chief about immigration, the filibuster, foreign policy, and more.
Modern living in the West is a mad rush… but why? After opening dialogue on mindfulness (and how badly many of us need to make time for “silence” in our lives), we turn our attention toward controversial new legislation in Georgia that may affect ease of access for voters, and has led to many boycotts of the state. Then shifting our attention over to President Biden’s first official press conference, we look at why the commander in chief has come under fire for his statements about immigration, the filibuster, and a range of other topics, all of which we analyze on this week’s edition of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Edith Wacker
- Alex Kostel
- Jennie Vongvith
- Jessica Riley
- Jennifer Garland
- Ali Buchan
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- CARJACK: Teen girls charged with murder, carjacking of Uber Eats driver in Washington, DC
- GA VOTE: Georgia Has Passed A Highly-Partisan Bill Overhauling State Voting Laws
- New Georgia voting law: What does SB 202 change for elections?
- Georgia companies respond to voting law signed by Gov. Kemp as calls for boycotts increase
- Sen. Lindsey Graham on food or water in GA voting law doesn’t make ‘a whole lot of sense’
- CHAUVIN TRIAL: Derek Chauvin trial begins with opening statements
- MEET THE PRESS: Biden’s First Press Conference Tackles Filibuster, Immigration, Afghanistan
- FILIBUSTING: Filibuster Fight: Why The Stakes Are High For Both Parties
- Mitch McConnell once knew all about the filibuster’s racist history. What changed?
- GUNS: Congress prepares for another battle over gun laws in wake of latest mass shootings
- White House Causes Frustration In Private And Public Responses To Gun Violence
- ORDERS: White House says Biden is prepared to issue executive orders on guns
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.