Rounding out our 2016 Convention coverage on Middle Theory, this week we once again present a special, extended edition of the show with in-depth coverage and analysis of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.
Things were off to an awkward start for day one of the convention, which coincided with the release of a series of controversial leaked emails by the Wikileaks group. These emails showed, among other things, that the Democratic Party had shown favoritism to the Clinton campaign, including plots to misrepresent Bernie to various portions of the voting public. While DNC staffers speculated that this had been a Russian job, possibly supported (or even assisted) by Donald Trump, Julian Assange of Wikileaks discusses his foundation’s policies about never exposing their sources, and further suggests that the source of the email leak could have been “any DNC staffer.”
At the end of DNC Day One, McNonymous posted the following question online: “Now that DNC: Episode I, The Capitulation of Bernie is in the books, the important question to be asked is: Who raided the University of Smarmy Used Salesmen best? The DNC or the RNC?” However, the “headliner” of that first day had arguably been one of the more conscientious politicians in this election, Bernie Sanders. Emotions were riding as Sanders urged his supporters to put their energy behind Hillary Clinton, rather than protesting the results of the Wikileaks email disclosure.
We also revisit highlights from other key DNC speakers that include former president Bill Clinton, and current POTUS Barack Obama. Finally, we give a complete breakdown of Clinton’s nomination acceptance speech, and the various high points, themes, and even the symbolism and undercurrents present therein.
Special thanks to those who donated this week, whose contributions help support our efforts:
- Joel Gordy
- Joseph Rupert
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show as well, you can donate to the program here.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, below are links to stories and other news related to this week’s podcast:
- Julian Assange: Any DNC Staffer Could Have Been The Leaker
- Trump has accused Clinton of committing a FELONY, opening himself to libel charges
- As Green Party’s Stein woos Sanders backers, some see unhappy flashbacks to 2000
- TRUMP tied in with Russia – What we already knew, but The Guardian deems fit to break
- TRUMP tied in with Mafia in New York/New Jersey
- Moody’s analyst, who donated to Clinton campaign, says Clinton will create 3M new jobs, Trump will cause economy to shrink
- Did Bill fall asleep at one point during the speech?
- Dems accuse Trump of disloyalty over Clinton emails, as Trump calls on Russia in speech
- GOP Figures Disgusted By Trump Urging Russian Cyberattack
- That feeling when you learn that your armed forces do just as much hacking as Trump encourages Russia to do
- …As If On Cue, the FBI is now investigating an apparent cyberattack on the Clinton campaign