This week on Middle Theory, beyond new revelations about a famous (and controversial) Hungarian novelist and his relationship with an ancient secret society of Middle Theory fame, our hosts embark on a foray into media analysis that begins with the latest announcements about the case against a police officer charged with wrongdoing in the death of Freddie Gray; we also break down the hilarity that ensued as a “mysterious substance” had a Planned Parenthood facility on lockdown in Florida. We also spend time looking at the Bernie Sanders campaign, and what the latest polls are saying about Bernie supporters… is it too late for us to see an independent or third-party candidate in this race?
Then, in addition to discussion about the current election, Micah approaches McNonymous with an observation: when the American political system is bought and sold, in which the ideas of “we” within the democratic republic begin to seem largely ineffective, what does that mean for the reality of the society in which we live?
Perhaps our society isn’t so much one of “we the people”, but instead those of corporate interests… but is that, by definition, fascism? Maybe not as we’ve seen in notable instances throughout history, like in Germany during World War II. However, what can’t be denied is that the United States of America as we know it today is a corporatist state… and in response to this, the movement behind independent-minded candidates Bernie Sanders and, yes, Donald Trump.
Speaking of our current American Presidential hopefuls, the recent shock following the crash of EgyptAir Flight 804 has led to a “war of words” between Hillary Clinton and presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump, based on the current likelihood that the crash represents an act of terror. Each of these candidates thinks they would be better at waging war against terror abroad. However, as the families of those lost continue to grief and seek answers as to what brought the plane down, one unusual fact remains: no terror groups have, at present, claimed responsibility for the crash. In the tradition of “never letting tragedies going to waste”, this seems odd indeed…
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, below are links to a number of stories discussed on this week’s podcast:
- Breaking: Freddie Gray verdict: Officer Edward Nero not guilty
- Woman tied to tree on Parkway; suspect details released
- Redstate Founder: Believe It Or Not, The Country Needs Mitt Romney
- Bernie Sanders Returns to San Diego: Voters Drawn to Independent Message
- Sanders supporters sue to have California’s voter registration extended until election day
- Sanders Worries that Clinton is only “the lesser of two evils”
- WashPo: Sanders “just declared war on the Democratic establishment”
- Hillary Clinton: Bernie Sanders Has The Right To Stay In The Race
- POLLS FOR TROLLS: 91% of Millennials want an independent candidate
- Poll shows some Dems would defect, vote for Trump if Hillary becomes nominee
- EgyptAir 804 Black Boxes Remain Unrecovered: What We Know About the Hunt for Answers
- Taliban leader Mullah Mansour likely killed in airstrike, U.S. officials say