As tensions continue to rise in Ukraine, this week we turn our attention to statements by U.S. President Biden which some believe may have just given Russia a green light for invasion.
What is a “tech foam”, and why does it have some economists and tech analysts concerned? As we wade into the fray this week, we look at economic issues affecting the tech industry, as well as why the leader of the WHO says that the conditions are right for more COVID variants… but that 2022 still might be the year our concerns about the pandemic finally change. However, the concerning situation going on in Ukraine remains at the forefront of our analysis, as some worry that statements by U.S. President Biden could have just signaled to Russia a green light for invasion. Then, we look at the recent courtroom win by Julian Assange, and what that may mean for the U.S.’s continued attempts to extradite the WikiLeaks founder to America… all this and more on this edition of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Rick Dale
- Robert Cramer
- Jessica Riley
- Jennie Vongvith
- Ali Buchan
- Jennifer Garland
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- STAY CALM: CNBC’s Jim Cramer Advises Calm as Market Craters
- It’s not a tech bubble. It’s tech foam. – Protocol — The people, power and politics of tech
- SITUATION CRITICAL: Covid pandemic at a ‘critical juncture,’ WHO’s Tedros says
- Do not assume COVID pandemic reaching ‘end game’, warns WHO | Reuters
- UKRAINE CALLING: Biden Could Deploy 50,000 Troops if Putin Overruns Ukraine: Report
- Biden admin identifying troops for possible deployment to Eastern Europe amid Russia tensions
- AUDIO: Ukrainian official: Biden’s answer gives Putin ‘green light’ to invade
- Ukraine: Boris Johnson warns Russian invasion would be disastrous – BBC News
- NATO strengthens east European flank as Russia denounces ‘hysteria’ | Reuters
- U.S. discussing military deployment near Ukraine with NATO allies
- OPINIONS: Russia-Ukraine tensions need a unified NATO response. Biden shook the alliance.
- Op-ed: Biden needs to channel Harry Truman to counter Putin’s designs on Ukraine and beyond
- ASSANGE: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange wins right to take extradition case to UK’s top court
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.