This week, the Republican Party is celebrating the House vote on “Trump Care”, and the repeal and replacement of Obamacare… but are they jumping the gun?
As we celebrate Cinco de Mayo 2017, Bernie Sanders supporters are asking for their money back… and the DNC is saying there “is no right to not have their candidate disadvantaged or another candidate advantaged.” Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, is still saying that Bernie, and FBI director James Comey, are responsible for her electoral loss; Comey says he fells slightly “nauseous” at the idea that he and his agency influenced the election last year, but maintains that the FBI’s investigation of Clinton’s email scandal was the right thing to do.
Meanwhile, Bernie is laughing… but not at Clinton or Comey, but at Donald Trump, who following the passing of 1/3 of the eventual repeal and replace of Obama’s Affordable Care Act, said Australia has “better health care than we do.” Indeed, he may have to answer for why he said this about a country with universal health care. We also look at the latest developments with the current Republican plan, as well as what is on the table if the Senate does (or doesn’t) pass the American Health Care Act of 2017.
Special thanks to those who donated this week, whose contributions help support the audio production, research, artwork, and other effort that goes into each episode of the podcast:
- Jon Haskins
- Jennie Vongvith
- Sarah N. Peanut
- Betty June
- BON the MAGI
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to show notes pertaining to this week’s podcast:
- How to Eat Mexican Food All Day Long on Cinco de Mayo
- Macron takes 24-point lead in French election
- DNC lawyer says in court during DNC lawsuit to get donations back for some Bernie supporters that there is no right to not have their candidate disadvantaged or another candidate advantaged.
- Stephen Hawking adjusts Doomsday Clock, says humanity has 100 years to evacuate earth
- Ex-officer Michael Slager pleads guilty in shooting death of Walter Scott
- ‘I would be your president’: Clinton blames Russia, FBI chief for 2016 election loss
- FBI director says he feels ‘mildly nauseous’ about possibility he affected election, but has no regrets
- FCC Chair on Colbert’s ‘Cock Holster’ Comments: If FCC Finds the Comments Obscene There Will be Consequences
- Assessing the Impact of the House GOP Health Bill
- Rape is pre-existing condition and health care for subsequent visits to doctor may not be covered
- Darth Vader is alive, well and working as a hospital tech in Tennessee