This week on Middle Theory, we review President Trump’s first address to Congress, and the news and reviews that followed in the hours that followed.
As if “Pizzagate” hadn’t seemed weird enough… here comes Envelopegate, the conspiracy that supposes this year’s Oscar Awards rigged a controversy over the votes between “Moonlight” and “La La Land”, and who actually won the award. Elsewhere, more fake controversy has been dogging Kellyanne Conway for “squatting” on a couch in the Oval Office… but has this now famous photo been taken out of context? We think so.
Looking ahead, we take a moment to remember some of the interesting claims made by Johnny Chung, who went into hiding after his alleged role working with the Clintons, and also John Podesta’s belief that the FBI “wanted Clinton to lose.”
Finally, we give a breakdown of Trump’s first address to Congress… a speech that took many of us by surprise. Among the notable compliments had been one from CNN commentator Van Jones, who said of one moment in the speech, “he became president of the United States in that moment… period.” Even the New York Times this morning reported, “Mr. Trump has made immense progress sticking to a script,” noting however that, “Wednesday is a new day, and the presidential Twitter finger gets itchy in the middle of the week. The big question is whether his unifying tone represents the mythical, long-awaited pivot point — or was just part of a well-written speech efficiently delivered by a gifted politician learning his new trade.”
Special thanks to those who donated this week, whose contributions help support the audio production, research, artwork, and other effort that goes into each episode of the podcast:
- April Biering
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to show notes pertaining to this week’s podcast:
- #Envelopegate: How Did PwC’s ‘Moonlight’ Mix-Up Happen at Oscars?
- Envelopegate Conspiracy Theories Could Explain A Lot About The 2017 Oscars Mix-Up
- CNN reports on the legalities of Trump’s travel ban… hilariously
- Kellyanne Conway is castigated… over nothing but a photo op
- Jonny Chung, convicted Clinton fundraiser during “Chinagate” scandal in 96, evidently recorded an insurance video in case he was assassinated
- Podesta: ‘Forces within the FBI’ may have cost Clinton election
- USA Today lashes out at Joe Rogan for lashing out against transgender wrestling champ
- Let’s Shine Some Light On The Awfulness That Is Bill Maher
- Critics respond favorably to Trump speech (all except for Washington Post)
- Wall Street responds to Trump’s Speech
- Bernie’s response should have been the Democratic follow up
Image of Donald Trump by Gage Skidmore, Wikimedia Commons.